A little bit of thunder?! 3 from today's session!

sxr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottrohe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3 shots from today. Pretty sweet location if you ask me... Critique, please!

4045326391_d8bdb7203d_o.jpg

4046017828_a6e0c07704_o.jpg

4045539106_a3d657c5a6_o.jpg

Yeah... nice location.

But, Scott.... that second view.... I bet there are some nice woodsy settings in Knoxville too. Go outside and do this. The lighting is what hurts this one most. ONE of the lights is in a good position. Take either one and drag it back behind the camera. You'll get some more ratio and won't have the double shadow thing happen.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

# 1 and 2 bg looks like composites, doesn't matter if they aren't just looks fake and I don't like it. Also in #2 there strange shadows overlapping under his chin. #3 also has an odd shadow under his chin, distracting. I would have added a bit of fill light to correct that :er:

It could be the monitor that I'm on since I'm in between classes at school, but the WB seems awfully cold for the warmth of the backgrounds... more so in #2 than #1 but still in #1 nonetheless. It just seems too bluish to me. Maybe that's what you were going for though. I like #3 though, maybe could have been a little closer, but good composition.

Thank you all for your insight thus far, it's greatly appreciated. I agree with everything you guys have said so far. Going to start over on shots 1 & 2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back