A little coffee....***link works now***

Love the image. I'm not much for betterphoto.com, though, as a rule. :wink: Congrats on your *finalist* position on this image, it was well deserved!!

Thanks Terri....I appreciate it...I just wasn't quite sure why it won as a "finalist" I just didn't think it was really a decent picture. Whatever. I have this up at my home and people ask where I got it?

So why don't you like "betterphoto"??

Too commercial, frankly. You can't open a page over there without Mr. M. trying to personally sell you something. Not that there's anything wrong with that for those who seek it, but....it gets tiring after awhile. And the site overall seems little more than a mad dash to fill its pages with images trying to win a camera bag, or something...I dislike that competitive feel. There is very little in the way of thoughtful critique offered. And (apologies to digi users) I never in my LIFE saw so many images uploaded with the user bragging on little more than how the end result was obtained through PS, and ONLY PS. Very little photography tech talk, and even less darkroom. I finally left that forum, thinking it should be renamed Betterphotoshopping.com. :wink:

I would definitely agree on the commercial aspect of the site. Its true, the site is definitely aimed at selling the classes they provide, it does get old.

Nice Composition and Contrast. I find it interesting that you can't see the milk... when I poor in milk you can usually see it swirl a little.

I actually was hoping I would get a little of that swirl to come through but it didn't at all. Oh well. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back