a little help

dalewood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im looking for some help with a logo and water mark for my photos. i have a crappy editing program and have a basic design but would like some help so here is my crappy little one imade
Dwood.jpg

It's a good start. A couple things about logos:
- design in black and white. The majority of printing (letter head, business cards etc) will be one colour.
- remember alignment. With the raised D and the smaller "photography" you have gaps in the design

Here is a little sample to show you what I mean. I don't have the same font you used, but I found a close match. I would use the image below as you next stage in development.

A good way to work is get the basic design down, then duplicate it and make changes, duplicate the new version and make changes. Keep all the duplicates in case you go in the wrong direction, then you can step back a few. Simplicity in design is actually really difficult.

Best of luck.

q9qnvk

Hi Dale,

If what you're really looking for is a logo then you've got 14 letters too many there. If you have to read it, it's not a logo. Concentrate on the D and the W and work some kind of photographic symbol into that.

Joe

Hi Dale,

If what you're really looking for is a logo then you've got 14 letters too many there. If you have to read it, it's not a logo. Concentrate on the D and the W and work some kind of photographic symbol into that.

Joe

I'm going to disagree. There are iconic logos and text based logos and text based logos with a supporting graphic. Many of the big companies like Coca Cola, Pepsi, Nike etc can be identified by their icon, but they have spent millions on brand recognition. Each of them have recognizable text based logos and/or hybrids. For someone like Dale, who likely doesn't have millions to spend on brand recognition, a text based logo is the way to go. BTW, Fedex has one of the best text based logo ever. The icon (arrow formed by the e and the x) is secondary to the text.

Most reactions

Back