A little slice of Rocky Mountain National Park

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not the typical mountain grandeur....but I found this peaceful evening scene along the now ice free Fall River quite appealing. I chose a somewhat longer shutter speed to slow the pace of the water to suit the mood I thought it conveyed. Thanks for looking.

Pentax *istDL and kit lens
Focal length: 31.0mm (35mm equivalent: 46mm)
Exposure time: 0.700 s
Aperture: f/27.0
ISO equiv.: 200

IMGP3090.jpg

funny - i'm headed there on Sunday for a few days for camping and pictures. How busy was it?

Nice picture by the way - I like that you slowed the shutter.

I guess I'm to blame for not specifying, but I don't care for your reposting without asking. You could have just left it with your original "written" critique. I would have gotten it.

I originally had the very top cropped out, then decided to leave it on a whim. I like it both ways. I could see why you think it distracting.

I think the color saturation bump is way off. I think the original is an accurate representation of the scene, and the remake looks like a consumer point and shoot rendition.

I have now added my preference for photos NOT okay to edit.

Ashfordphoto....not too busy. This time of year it is still in transition at the Park. Keep in mind the snowstorm that's hitting up there right now....supposed to be dumping over a foot of snow by Saturday's end.

I guess I'm to blame for not specifying, but I don't care for your reposting without asking. You could have just left it with your original "written" critique. I would have gotten it.

I originally had the very top cropped out, then decided to leave it on a whim. I like it both ways. I could see why you think it distracting.

I think the color saturation bump is way off. I think the original is an accurate representation of the scene, and the remake looks like a consumer point and shoot rendition.

Oh, sorry about that. I didn't even think to check if it was okay to edit your photos. My mistake. Won't happen again. Sorry.

Most reactions

Back