A Little Trip to Italy

J_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I just went to Italy over the summer and had a great time taking pictures and I think this is some of my best work...
But I still want to hear all the critique you can give! I've posted a few photos over the past few months and haven't been geting many replies so please comment on this one. I want everyone's opinion :)

Traveling to Italy on the ship
IMG_1182_zps22743418.jpg

Venice's (Italy) famous canals...
IMG_2402_zpscb6d2ac0.jpg

Colourful!
IMG_1320_zpsbc6761d5.jpg

JT

I like the canal pic. Whenever I see things like that, I wonder what year that was built in.
Post some more of the canals if you have some. :D

#1 is nearly abstract, and perhaps that is its highest use. Make it really abstract, and it might show better. Be sure to straighten it also.
#2 should be better than it is. It might be the balance, or composition, or simply a lack of human interest.
#3 I think could be improved by a severe crop off the left and bottom.

Very cool.
I'm being flown over there in November to do some work.

Where did you go?
I'll be in Turin and Milan.

I like the canal pic. Whenever I see things like that, I wonder what year that was built in.

^I agree with this! The history behind this stuff is very fascinating. Plus the canals are just really cool.

btw what is the first pic of exactly? I can't tell

Composition in #1 and #3 don't excite me too much. I really like #2- both the composition and the colors.

I'll have to go through many pictures, but I definitely will once I have time haha.

#1 is nearly abstract, and perhaps that is its highest use. Make it really abstract, and it might show better. Be sure to straighten it also.
#2 should be better than it is. It might be the balance, or composition, or simply a lack of human interest.
Please explain your second critique.. I don't understand. Thanks.
Very cool.
I'm being flown over there in November to do some work.

Where did you go?
I'll be in Turin and Milan.
Well this was Venice, but I also traveled to Rome.
Be sure to hsare some pics :)

^I agree with this! The history behind this stuff is very fascinating. Plus the canals are just really cool.

btw what is the first pic of exactly? I can't tell
Islands in the distance haha.
And seeing history for yourself is completely different from learning about it in books haha. :p

Composition in #1 and #3 don't excite me too much. I really like #2- both the composition and the colors.

Italy had very colourful buildings

What do you guys think of this pic of the London Train Station? C&C please

IMG_0607.jpg

Please explain your second critique.. I don't understand. Thanks.

This shot has no redeeming qualities of balance or human interest. The form and color aspects are not too bad, but it is simply a snapshot. I think you could do better.

What do you guys think of this pic of the London Train Station? C&C please

I have already offered my comments on this shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back