A local business wants to purchase my work...

alpha, your honesty and candid nature always keeps me smiling.

this is, of course, not intended to piss off the OP.

i rather like the idea of the rental agreement...we do that at work with a local gallery, and every couple of months we get new paintings throughout the office.
it;s a nice way to keep things fresh, and keeps you earning money.

id jump on a deal like this in a heartbeat. good one.

alpha, your honesty and candid nature always keeps me smiling.

this is, of course, not intended to piss off the OP.

i rather like the idea of the rental agreement...we do that at work with a local gallery, and every couple of months we get new paintings throughout the office.
it;s a nice way to keep things fresh, and keeps you earning money.

id jump on a deal like this in a heartbeat. good one.
Don't worry I'm not that easily irritated. I think if Alpha had looked at the posts and realized that I was already beyond the point he was referring to I wouldn't have been so hostile. I prefer more intelligent responses to my questions rather than over-simplifying the situation.

I'll have to agree I am looking into some larger locations where a rental situation would pay off. So far it is going pretty well. I am expanding my portfolio to accomodate this.

Thanks for the response.

I think you should get too crazy with pricing. Not saying your work isnt worth it, but think of it this way. People go into places and if they like the artwork... they often ask where it came from. Not only would you make a little money selling it to them but you could possibly generate more from it!

Thanks for the responses... just had a meeting with the owner today and she purchased 3 16x24 (with mat and frame) ranging between $165-$195. We are setting up a 2 month rotation on 2 more images every other month where I get to showcase the images I want. If she likes the images she will purchase them before I rotate them out.

*On a side note... I am putting up a few images in a coffee house in a couple of weeks. They have several locations and they are quite well established as a trendy local chain. They are pretty excited about getting my images in and don't take a cut on any sales.

Most reactions

Back