A Local Monument

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this giant bottle of soda wedged between the Edward Jones back parking lot, an abandoned building, and the highway. It is a local brand of soda and the oversized and well-worn bottle of soda must be a local landmark of some measure. It had a wrought-iron fence around it despite its disrepair.

IMG_1100a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

There are many things to like here, but I would never have known this was a giant soda bottle if you hadn't told me. I think this could use a little more contrast in the middle tones, to make the central material "pop" a bit more (and here I am the guy usually yelling at people to "let the greys breathe!" and so on!)

It's a good subject, for sure. I bet you can do better with it! Some day (or morning, or evening) there will be better light on it. Try it at night with a snooted flash, to simulate a spotlight!

Unfortunately I am back home 9-10 hours away. But I do have some wider shots to play with yet.

Agree with Molitor's comments. I would also suggest moving to the right to get rid of the sky.

Most reactions

Back