a major development in my photographic career =D

Yahoozy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, back story
my parents (and myself) have been working with a man known as The Water Man (real name David Ross) in downtown San Diego
basically this guy (who's like 70 years old) spends most of his time giving out food and water to the homeless of the downtown area, buying all the food and water with his own social security money
so, one day we were giving out food and i had brought my camera because dad wanted some pictures for his website (link at the bottom) about David, and i took about 100 photos of the situation, 9 of which i thought had merit
so David then, in turn took these photos to the city council to help demonstrate one out of the many problems concerning the homeless (this one being that the homeless shelter is closed on weekends)

anyway, long story short, a reporter saw these photos, liked em, and wants to put some of em in the paper in his article about this situation
and to top it all off i'm getting payed for it

sweet =D

and if you'd like to know more about David Ross and what he does, his website (made in iWeb by my dad) is helpthewaterman.com (a bit straightforward of a title, but effective nonetheless =P)
David's a good guy with a lot of heart, and people like him are a bit too scarce nowadays...

Hey grats man! Let's see... doing good work for humanity, and getting paid for it. Can't beat that! :biggrin:

Maybe it's Karma.

Congrats anyway, always good to know your work is worth something!

Good job, that's an awesome story. Are those all your shots then on the website? They're great.

about half of them are
mine are the ones after the clump text on the photo page
but the ones that got put in the paper arent up there yet

Congrats! What exciting news, to get recognition for your work like that.

Very positive!!!!!!! The photos could use some work, but that is a whole other story.

Love & Bass

hahah ya i worked on the ones that i gave to david those others were fresh off the camera

Congrats! That is a great thing you are doing.

When I lived in San Diego, I spent 3 years working with homeless military veterans. It was a very difficult but extremely rewarding.

Most reactions

Back