A Mayfly ... in July?! (reverse-lens-macro)

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another reverse-lens-macro, this time of a mayfly...these things are too long to fit in the frame as I have to be extremely close for this to work at all...also a crop version of the same photo:

#1 - Original
5890916886_d51662c3de_b.jpg

#2 - Crop
5890917388_dc06c9654d_b.jpg

I plan on taking a ton more of these type of reverse-lens-macro photos this weekend, so just a warning, I'll be posting quite a few starting next week...

I'd like to see a reverse macro of some fireworks.

Next time, I will place this mayfly on something a little more interesting than letting it sit on the side of my office...sorry about that...I just thought it looked so ugly close up I just had to share...yeah...well...you know...I'm not gifted with knowing a good angle for something this ugly...

I just know I'm going to ruin my camera...but I'm going to try one of those sparklers in reverse-lens-macro...and then hopefully not say goodbye to this 600 dollar investment...

I just know I'm going to ruin my camera...but I'm going to try one of those sparklers in reverse-lens-macro...and then hopefully not say goodbye to this 600 dollar investment...

Don't do it! That's silly talk.

That fly is too big for that set-up, try using the lens in normal orientation. You can always crop.

I know Ron, I don't think I would have it in me to actually do that to my camera...too much heat...something would end up breaking...most likely my heart...

Here is another mayfly, this time sitting on something red instead of blue:

5893442155_56c09edcd4_b.jpg

I will make sure to rre-orientate the lens for the next one...hopefully it finds something cool to hang out on while I take photos...

Most reactions

Back