A MESSAGE TO MODS. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE

I use the rule of "if it doesn't look interesting to me... skip it". How hard could that be? You're not "waisting your time" that way.

(btw: all of those post listed, to my recollection, did have something to do with photographic discussions whether it be business related, processing or whatever).

I think Bapp feels (and this is just my speculation) the forum should be discussing the merits of photography and photographers and their impact on the global society (by way of the last link - which was way over my head, so I dropped out of that discussion). But, in his defense, if that's what he's into, go for it! If that's what he thinks the forum should be about, it's time for me to move on from here. I just want to improve my skills and marketability, I personally don't want to discuss someone who takes a photo of a red shoe and bleeding electrical socket.

Having said that, I am all for diversity in this forum and I think we don't need to jump on him for his views. Good job Bapp!

Merry Christmas.

I'm shocked that no one has thought of this before.

I'm shocked that no one has thought of this before.

And me... I just assumed that it would be the norm. Ever since beginning to study the Art of photography about four years ago, the idea of resource material as been as paramount as the technical side. I personally find it much more interesting than how many mega pixels the latest Nikon has!!!

While I have a few spare minutes I thought I would make a little statement.

Can I just thank all of those who have backed up the idea I put forward with this thread and thank those who are personally not interested in this area of photography but have give it their blessing.

I would just like to make a few things clear. I am in no way attempting to change anyones opinions of what they see as important to becoming a better photographer. I am simply looking to state what I believe is one of the most important areas. It seems to me that the area of "photographic discussion" was lacking any actual photographic discussion. It is that which I wanted to change.

So here it is, I have started a number of threads and commented on them on the way I feel I should and what I feel is important.

At the end of the day, the forum is about opinions... I wish to share mine and listen to others but not constantly on what camera to by or what photoshop techniques we should use.

Don't get me wrong, I will be looking for technical advise as much as the next man but why not make an attempt to look at the other side.

Personally I don't just want to be another "photographer" I want to strive to become a leader in the field and to become that we need to understand the leaders that have gone before us. That aspiration is not for everyone and I understand that but that is why I am doing what I am doing.

Just so you know.:lol:

In defence of the Mods and Admin...nobody does that job on a full time basis. Each person involved has family, work, and typical every day issues just like everyone else. Recently the forum went thorugh a complete makeover and a lot of time and work went into it. (I think it was in the last year) It takes a lot to please 25000(o.k not all post but...) members and the new format was chosen to hopefully keep everyone posting in the right gallery and happy. That is a lot of different personalities,and opinions.
One of the issues is that many dont read the guidelines on what to post where. That would save a lot of headaches and time that many of the mods do not have. The time is takes to move threads, and also look after the stuff regular members dont see can be very time consuming.
I understand that suggestions are great, and people should keep making them. They dont get tossed in a trash can, but if enough people feel that something should be changed Im sure it gets discussed and most likely implimented
As for the post count..that is all it is...a number. :)
Gheesh...I have been trying to get the Super Ignore Button for months now, and Im still on the waiting list. :lol::lol:

[SARCASM]test[/SARCASM]

test

[SARCASM]test[/SARCASM]

Just kidding.

... the Super Ignore Button for months now, and Im still on the waiting list. :lol::lol:

Question; from my own slightly paranoid point of view, how do you know if those you are ignoring are talking about you?

[SARCASM]test[/SARCASM]

test

[SARCASM]test[/SARCASM]

Just kidding.

Question; from my own slightly paranoid point of view, how do you know if those you are ignoring are talking about you?

I know my time is short here, and maybe...there is some hope. And if they are talking about me, I have already heard it.

I know my time is short here, and maybe...there is some hope. And if they are talking about me, I have already heard it.

Well, whether you mean here on TPF or Earth, I'm hoping you stick around. I like the color scheme better on this site. I've kinda tried to see what you're talking about, and tracked a few threads, ... What am I missing?- Crap--It's Me?

I'm trying the ignore button here-n-there, but I check to see if nincompoops are still nincompoops. Always are. Easier for me in real life. I figure that's why God made my middle finger longer than the rest.

I agree with bapp, I will be starting more photographic discussions.

In light of that, how about a slight modification: if it is a work of art or journalism that has been displayed and printed many times, I'd like to include the image in the original post.

Do volunteer firefighters get to choose which fires they want to put out? :er:

responsibility means quite a different thing regarding a forum fire and a real life fire. The latter may threaten lifes, the former only threatens egos.

If I decide to become a firefighter, even an unpaid non-pro volunteer firefighter, then I agree to risk my life for other peoples' life in the event of a fire.

If I decide to become a formum mod, then I agree to spend some time of my life to keep a forum tidy. And how much time this some time is, depends on my personal decision, and it can vary from day to day, week to week, depending on mood, willingness, health, job, private life ... and this is absolutely and totally OK and normal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back