A Morning at the Beach

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some from the beach while walking our mischievous dog.

Pentax 645D FA35 f/3.5

Midmorning-at-Aberavon-Beach by singingsnapper, on Flickr

2. Converted in Silver Efex

BW-Aberavon-Beach-midmorning by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Quiet-beach-late-morning by singingsnapper, on Flickr

4. Converted in Silver Efex

BW-Quiet-Aberavon-Beach-late-morning by singingsnapper, on Flickr

5. Nikon D800 Nikkor 24 - 70

RNLI-Lifeguard-at-Aberavon-Beach by singingsnapper, on Flickr

6. Our dog enjoys a run in the sea:

Caesar-enjoys-the-water by singingsnapper, on Flickr

The dog one is my favorite, I need some good ocean shots

Nothing extraordinary, but the one of the running doggie is a fine action shot.

Just my two cents but for landscapes it is usually better composition wise to not put the horizon in the center of the frame and level.

I really like the one of the dog. So, I hate to be the new guy with critique, but I'm not feeling the rest of the shots. For #1, you could have climbed down the rocks a little more, with the camera 6-8 inches above the water, giving a much more "involved" feel to it. Same with #3, don't be afraid to get down on your stomach and really make it happen. Get a close shot of those footprints, have the water blend into bokeh.

My $0.02, but I'm often the most extreme photographer on my outings... :lol:

I really like the one of the dog. So, I hate to be the new guy with critique, but I'm not feeling the rest of the shots. For #1, you could have climbed down the rocks a little more, with the camera 6-8 inches above the water, giving a much more "involved" feel to it. Same with #3, don't be afraid to get down on your stomach and really make it happen. Get a close shot of those footprints, have the water blend into bokeh.

My $0.02, but I'm often the most extreme photographer on my outings... :lol:

Thanks for that - The Bristol Channel has the 2nd most extreme tidal range in the world, so being on the rocks as the tide is getting towards its peak is not such a great idea! The current isn't the most friendly and those rocks are there to stop the sea going beyond the fence. The dog isn't allowed on that section of the beach and me separating from the wife to go lower would have had the dog going nuts!

For me it has to be your puppy shot, nice and sharp for an action shot. Spent a few hours getting some action shots of my border collie and it can be tough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back