A moth to a . . . flower. (Seeking editing help)

Droxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I originally went out to shoot the sky because I liked the way it looked. Somehow I ended up taking pictures of flowers. After taking a few shots of a certain group flowers, I noticed there was a moth on one of them that hadn't flown away despite the constant flash. I managed to get this. Critique is appreciated.

The first is the original and the second is my attempt on editing it. If anyone has any editing suggestions, feel free to edit. Thanks.

unedited.jpg
edited.jpg

Brightening the highlights to correct the underexposure was a good move. However, this also brightened that distracting thing in the background above and to the left of the butterfly. I would clone over it from the darker area to remove it. I'd also darken that round out-of-focus highlight below and to the left of the butterfly. This probably could use some cropping as well, but that's largely a matter of taste, so I'd rather not suggest anything in particular.

I think the 1st image has a good exposure. Probably crop around the moth and a flower, so the eyes are focus on the moth and can be seen better details.

Your profile says it's okay to edit, so I just took your original, clone stamped out and burned the distraction in the background.
unedited-3.jpg

This is just a duplicate but I put a clean edit color base action on it. Very subtle difference, but gives the flowers a bit more brightness.
unedited-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back