A New Cheaper Hasselblad

FotosbyMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A very ironic statement coming from Hasselblad with their camera system H6D being announced. The all new CMOS Digital backs come in 50MP and 100MP, both have Wifi, dual card slots (SD and CFast), USB 3.0, new touch display. The 100MP shoots up to 4K video while the 50MP shoots only 1080p. Hasselblad is also release some new lenses capability of resolving the 100MPs.

But has for the price...H6D-50c will run you 22,900 Euro (about $26,000 USD) and a 100c 28,900 Euro (about $33,000 USD)… and that’s excluding VAT. So is this really worth it, don't get me wrong I fully understand the up to 16 stops of dynamic range, larger sensor, leaf shutter...etc benefits but IMO the answer is not really with 90% of the bodies out there offering 80% of what the new system comes with.

Read more here and watch the promo video and videos of Tom Oldham and Karl Taylor using the new system.

Saw this earlier and was drooling then.

Edited due to the OP beating me to the article.

Last edited:
Wonder if it's better image quality than a D3300?

Ok, so I got the buy it now page open.. but before I commit, does it come with a free UV filter? Preferably one made in china?

Ok, so I got the buy it now page open.. but before I commit, does it come with a free UV filter? Preferably one made in china?
And a table top tripod , hopefully!

And a table top tripod , hopefully!

Rapidly approaching the Ebay gray market bundle of my dreams here. Just need to throw in a couple of those screw onto the end of the lens for some extra telephoto and wide angle doodads, and some lens cleaning pens.. I love those, can't every have enough lens pens.. lol

$26,000 for 1 50 MP H6D or 7 - $3,600 50 MP Canon 5Ds's???? There have been 8 of us positing in here so we could take the canon's and all have a 50 MP camera.

No envy here. I had an ancient Hasselblad 1000f decades ago that broke constantly. I finally gave up and replaced it with a 6X7 Mamiya SLR. I got perfect reliability and better images for a lot less money. I had a client that demanded all the images be made with a Hasselblad. I no longer had one so I made square images with a 6X6 back on the Mamiya. He loved the work and never knew the difference. Legendary name to be sure. but you don't need a name to make good images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back