A new E3 on the way...Looking for your E3 Reviews

Olympus E300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fsharpphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well...I bit the bullet. I've been thinking of upgrading my Olympus E-300 for some time now. Not because I have out grown it or because there is anything wrong with it - more because I suffer from an illness known as "Need-To-Have". Don't know what it is about me, but I felt I just needed this darn thing!!

Anyway...Its an eBay buy. Payed $825 USD for it. It has less the 6K shutter acutations on it and comes with everything it would new from the factory. I'm thinking that I made a decent buy - what do you folks think?

More importantly...What are your honest, experienced based reviews of this particular camera? I don't see many Olympuses for sale in the used section at Henry's Photography and I've always felt that was a good thing. If people aren't selling them then they must be happy with them.

Of course I have all of the equipment from the E-300 that will mate wonderfully with this E3. A series of lenses, a 2x teleconveter and wireless remote shutter releases. Even when I bought the flash, I made sure to buy the FL-50R model and not the FL-50 so I could utilize the wireless capabilities (I was thinking ahead).

So lets here it...Those of you who use the E3, would you ever trade for anything else? Regret buying the E3? What are your favorite features? What do you dislike about it?

Cheers! I appreciate the input!!
- Dan

The E3's got great sealing, and it feels comfortable in the hand, but typical of olympus SLR's, the menu system is a little wacky if you're new to olympus, and the high ISO is sub-par compared to today's $800 SLR's.

Put the 12-60 on it though and you have the fastest AF ever created, we have one at the store and it is really unbelievable. Too bad the IQ (compared to what's out now, doesn't compare).

the viewfinder is at least usable on the E3, which they are borderline on their other SLR's, especially the smaller ones like the 500 types.

I've been reading that the replacement for the E3 is most likely oly's next camera in the next 6 months.

I might sound harsh, but $850 for Oly's flagship SLR is alright if you shoot olympus, i won't argue that.

I'm really biased though, IMO olympus hasn't made any good DSLR's for the exception of the E1 (for obvious reasons), and the EP-1/2. The EP's being probably the most exciting thing Olympus has done since 1959.

Well, its your opinion and I appreciate it!! It's what I asked for...Yet I get the feeling that Olympus isn't for you...LoL. That's cool...We can't all have the same stuff or things would get boring!!

Cheers!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back