A new lens

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't normally make a big deal about a lens purchase but this one is one I've been contemplating for a couple months....and technically I could not afford it, I had to borrow some money to get it.:blushing:

50mm Super Macro Takumar 42mm screw mount

100_3787_2-1.jpg

Now I have a nice matched set of Super Takumar 50mm lenses :thumbup:

...It looks like a lens cap (with some glass in it).

Judging by the shadow (depending on your lighting set-up, I might be way off) it doesn't look to be much more than an inch tall)... I curious now, got any more pictures of it (side view, maybe)?

Judging by the shadow (depending on your lighting set-up, I might be way off) it doesn't look to be much more than an inch tall)... I curious now, got any more pictures of it (side view, maybe)?

I rifeled this off pretty quick before I left for work tonight, so no I don't have a side view of it. But it's as tall as the 50mm takumar give or take. I want to say it's about two maybe three inches tall.

I'll get one of the side with a ruler tomorrow before I come into work for you.

*EDIT*
In the menetime I'll steal this from Ritzcam.com

http://www.ritzcam.com/catalog/images/SMT-50mm.jpg

holly shoot! never saw a lens that small!

nice :)

needs some cleaning maybe?

nice :)

needs some cleaning maybe?

Yeah, they usually do, it's almost always little more than a short weak burst of air when I buy from this vendor. I am always in a hurry to photograph the new stuff....I have only cleaned and reshot one peice of equipment....never cleaned prior to initial shot. I get home after buying it go to bed get up take a picture of it then leave for work, I'm always in a hurry :(

My Canon Macro prime was even worse than this but it does take some nice shots, so I have no doubts on this one.

i know what that is like .... well, i knew... now i am not in a hurry anymore. at least for some time now ;)=

2 1/2 inches without it's front cap

100_3794.jpg

Thanks Battou.

I was probably drunk when I wrote that, lol - no depth perception.

It's definitely a lot meatier than I thought though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back