A New Photographer

KeilanS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a new photographer and I just bought my Kodak P850 a few weeks ago and decided that nature is the way for me to go. Here are a few of my shots. I'm only going to upload these two, but if you like these ones, please check out my photoblog at http://keilansblog.blogspot.com/.

Thanks for looking:lol:

Ominous%20Skyscape%20%28Small%29.jpg

100_0596%28small%29.jpg

Heya Keilan, and welcome to ThePhotoForum!!!

What, you are only just starting out and are beginning with a bird photo like THIS!?!?!?
Envy all the way here!
Boy ... I can almost HEAR him sing!

Also that pink cloud in a wide wide sky is nice! I like that one, too.

Thank you all! To be honest, I was a little dissapointed with the bird, it lacked a lot of the sharpness that I like, probably because I had to use some digital zoom to get that close. My first self-taught lesson as a photographer was that you NEVER have enough zoom:lol: Heres another bird I took that turned out nice and sharp.

Thanks again for looking!

Bold%20Finch%20%28Small%29.jpg

Oh, how cute!
A sparrow chick.
Still small and still yellow at its beak. Awwww.

(I only once tried to use the digital zoom of my compact digital camera ... never again. I switched that function off never to switch it on again).

KeilanS said:
Thank you all! To be honest, I was a little dissapointed with the bird, it lacked a lot of the sharpness that I like, probably because I had to use some digital zoom to get that close. My first self-taught lesson as a photographer was that you NEVER have enough zoom:lol: Heres another bird I took that turned out nice and sharp.

Thanks again for looking!

Bold%20Finch%20%28Small%29.jpg

Ain't that the truth! especially for small birds you can never have enough zoom. Nice shot none the less.

LaFoto, I didn't find the digi-zoom to be THAT bad, I just set my camera so that if I'm just holding the zoom controls it will stop at the end of optical, and I have to stop holding zoom and then press it again to start digital. I don't want to use it by accident ever, that would be horrible.

And thank you Joat, the second bird (the little baby looking one thats not singing) landed about 3 feet in front of me without warning, I don't think I even used full optical for that one.

Most reactions

Back