A newbies first walk around town.

Solthar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it's the first 'sunny' day since i've gotten my new 30D / Tamron 17-50, so I decided to take a walk around my area and see what I could shoot. Critiques are appreciated, as I am looking to improve.
I'll use thumbnails out of respect for those who don't have a broadband connection :p

1. I tend to like this one since it looks like the lens distorted it -
but thats just the way it looked when I saw it!

2. A sea of white flowers.

3. Dogwood Blossom - we've got these everywhere!

4. This was just down the street from us, and I've never noticed it before :blush:

5. A glance down a forest path.

6. Anyone know what type of plant this is?

7. Possum Eye View? or is it Roadkill Eye View?

8. A little stream, with a bridge crossing over it

9. Yet more plants of unknown genus.

10. Daffodil's. Can't live without em.

11. Into the dragon's maw...

12. Can you tell it was raining recently?

13. It's going to fall!

14. And one that I just plain like. Dunno why.

It amazed me how many people actually come out of their house to talk to you if you're carying around a giant camera. Most are really friendly too! The kids love watching you take pictures too - one watched me (from behind a tree :grin:) then ran off to his mother saying "Look ma! A Photographer! Can I have a camera like that?" On that note, if you noticed, there's no people - it seems alot of canadians are hypersensitive to being photographed. On the otherhand, they love it if you take pictures of their gardens. Ah well, the least I can do is respect their camera shyness and take a couple pictures of that flower they are so impressed with, heh.

My impressions? I love the combination of the camera and the lens! The colours are great, and I am seriously impressed with how sharp the images can be (once I get past my shaking hands). It's also a good conversation piece when meeting your neighbors.

Your impressions? I'd love to hear them, be they good or bad. What do you think of my first outing with my new precious?

*quiet purring in the background: "My precioussss...."*

Most reactions

Back