A night of stars - But which one?

Dollface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dollface.net.au
Morning all,

These were taken on the weekend - 10D, ISO 200, 28mm, approx F11. The first show is "as is", once I downloaded, the second shot has had it's levels adjusted ( auto ) I'm just not sure which one works? Help? Do you think if I tweak the second one a little it might work? Yet I feel the yellow tinge of the house works best in the first..
OTE

BlueMts96b.jpg

BlueMts96.jpg

I like the first shot as it captuered the different hues in the sky as opposed to the second which is all blue. Maybe try maikng the structure a seperate selection and color correct only that part of the image leaving the sky as is. If you want the sky more vivid then give a little saturation.

I agree with you, Dollface -- I like the yellow tint of the building in the first picture. Tweaking the levels on the second one did seem to bring out a lot more of the sky however, which I also like. If it were me, I would leave the building as is, but try increase the saturation of the sky like Dave suggested to bring out the stars without making them look so blue.

I like the building on the second one, but like the sky in the first one. I wonder what you could come up with by combining the two images. Overall, good work, both are good images

if you got photoshop, you can put the pics over eachother and erase some stuff. So if you take the second pic first and put the first pic on top of it. Then be sure you got the top layer selected, get the eraser tool. Then erase the barn. After that you got the white stars, with the white building.
I havent got a clue what it will look like, but its just a sugestion
Greetz Daan

Do you have any photos where the building and the stars are both in focus.

With the photo being so tall It would be nice to have the building in focus as a heavy subject at the bottom to contrast against the darkness of space. Creating two subjects for your eye to move between. Both could be used to show vast emptiness... the single lonely building against a infinite universe and the emptyness of night only conveying the stars wrapping themselves around the building.

Most reactions

Back