a night on the town

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well it's closing in on 4am.. and I just got in from a walk around downtown Victoria with Josh, (slacker_jedi). Night photography is something I need to work on but im pretty happy with the pictures.
Oh and it has come to my attention that my monitor may or may not be set up properly.. my pictures always seem to appear darker on other monitors then they do on mine... so im not sure how these will look for you folks :?

leaves_and_lights.jpg

ground-light.jpg

tower.jpg

red-bench.jpg

I was just playing around with my flash on that last one, to see what I could come up with.. :wink:

I'll see if josh has any he would like to add to here as well...

oh and I hope the images arn't too big, I think I remember hearing voods say something about keeping them 800pi or smaller, and I usually save mine at 800 so they should be ok..

Troy :D

Thanks guys :D Maybe my monitor isn't that off..

Karissa, there are these lights that are about 10 feet apart and run along the entire shoreline so that you can see the rail I guess above the water. There not even that usefull considering how bright Victoria is at night...

I like your first the most out of your set. The lighting seems about right on my monitor for all your pictures but it's really guess work to get it right on everyone's.

If people are visiting this forum from work, then the pictures are mostly like too dark because a lot of companys buy cheapo dark POS monitors. Also LCD monitors are usually pretty bright to begin with so there's also a problem in that area. Then people also manually change their monitors settings so there's another factor. Welcome to my nightmare. ;) Don't you wish there was a standard?

verry nice i like them all one for the macro tyoe thing two is my least of the 4 but its still nice 3 i like it the angle intriques me and lighting and everything are right on four verrryy nice was there a street light above that bench or whut?

and now for my meagre additions...

Did anyone ever see that stupid TV show that was on a while back, that was like "saved by the bell" except they lived and went to school on a cruise ship? Well we were shooting this ship and this guy came up to us and started talking (the SLR effect), and well long-story-short this ship is just like that stupid show, it's a highschool!
Oh and it was tricky lighting too, I didn't think this turned out as well as it did.

concordia2.jpg

inside my pagan temple to the wind gods

carillion-thing.jpg

outside same temple

carillian2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back