A Night shot and a Sunset for C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my attempt last night at a location known locally as Toquer Falls. I think I'm going to need to wait a few more months for the moon to track more north to light up the lower falls better, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the results! This is a single 47 1/2 minute exposure taken with just over a half moon as the light source.

IMG_8783small.jpg

This is a sunset from just over a week ago, overlooking a valley in Southern Utah:

IMG_8600small.jpg

C&C please!

Both are really nice. I'd like to see that bush in lower right frame with the mountain in upper left to balance the elements a bit better.

You can always try light painting as well at this scene, might be difficult but with practice and extra batteries, I bet you could pull it off. What's the widest aperture on your current lens?

The widest on the lens I was using is f/4. I had to stop it down to f/8 to get the exposure I wanted though (I was already at ISO100). I tried several other shots that night with light painting, but it proved to be next to impossible to get it to blend even somewhat well at the shadow line.

Love #2. I've never been into the time exposure / star thing, but that's just me. Very nice.

Most reactions

Back