Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No Post Processing
My E500 had the 40-1500 kit lens on it. Not bad for a kit lens! It was stretched out to 150mm.
Respect this man.
I took this picture at my brothers graduation today at COTC ( Central Ohio Technical college) . This man's name is Mel Mermelstein, he is a Hungarian-born Jew, sole-survivor of his family's extermination at Auschwitz.

He is also a US Army vet. Korean War, he had said he would go back to war for the US toady even at his age.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1980, the Institute for Historical Review (IHR) promised a $50,000 reward to anyone who could prove that Jews were gassed at Auschwitz.

Mermelstein wrote a letter to the editors of the LA Times and others including The Jerusalem Post claiming he could prove that Jews were gassed in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. The Institute for Historical Review wrote back, offering him $50,000 for proof that Jews were, in fact, gassed in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. Mermelstein, in turn, submitted a notarized account of his internment at Auschwitz and how he witnessed Camp guards ushering his mother and two sisters and others towards (as he learned later) gas chamber number five.

Despite this, the IHR refused to pay the reward. Mermelstein subsequently sued the IHR in California Superior Court for breach of contract, anticipatory repudiation, libel, injurious denial of established fact, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and declaratory relief (see case no. c356542). On October 9, 1981, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Thomas T. Johnson ruled in favor of Mermelstein, finding that he had provided sufficient evidence to prove his claim that Jews were gassed in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. The Court issued a judgment requiring the IHR to pay Mermelstein $50,000, plus $40,000 for personal suffering, and write a public apology to Mermelstein.

Read the book " By Bread Alone "

MelMermelsteinMedium.jpg

RussellandIMedium.jpg

Great, and inspiring story. Thank you very much for sharing!

What I simply do not get is why an Institute for Historical Review would still need to set out a prize to anyone who can prove the gassings happened in 1980!?!? Ts! I mean, there had been proof in abundance for 35 long years at the time!

The photo of Mel Mermelstein speaking taken from out of the audience is good. Clear and sharp - given the focal length and light situation!

Congrats to your brother!

Well, I handed my camera to my wife to shoot one of my brother and I. She did ok LOL.

What I simply do not get is why an Institute for Historical Review would still need to set out a prize to anyone who can prove the gassings happened in 1980!?!?

LaFoto: Google this institute. :thumbdown:

pascal

Oh dear!
That bad???
On the brink of delusion, maybe? My, do I really want to google it then????

Life is too short too hate anyone, I teach my kids the the word "hate" used about a person or a people is worse than the "F" word. I myself "hate" no one. I wish everyone was this way. Hate is a powerful word.

No Post Processing
My E500 had the 40-1500 kit lens on it. Not bad for a kit lens! It was stretched out to 150mm.
Respect this man.
I took this picture at my brothers graduation today at COTC ( Central Ohio Technical college) . This man's name is Mel Mermelstein, he is a Hungarian-born Jew, sole-survivor of his family's extermination at Auschwitz.

He is also a US Army vet. Korean War, he had said he would go back to war for the US toady even at his age.

In 1980, the Institute for Historical Review (IHR) promised a $50,000 reward to anyone who could prove that Jews were gassed at Auschwitz.

Mermelstein wrote a letter to the editors of the LA Times and others including The Jerusalem Post claiming he could prove that Jews were gassed in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. The Institute for Historical Review wrote back, offering him $50,000 for proof that Jews were, in fact, gassed in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. Mermelstein, in turn, submitted a notarized account of his internment at Auschwitz and how he witnessed Camp guards ushering his mother and two sisters and others towards (as he learned later) gas chamber number five.

Despite this, the IHR refused to pay the reward. Mermelstein subsequently sued the IHR in California Superior Court for breach of contract, anticipatory repudiation, libel, injurious denial of established fact, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and declaratory relief (see case no. c356542). On October 9, 1981, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Thomas T. Johnson ruled in favor of Mermelstein, finding that he had provided sufficient evidence to prove his claim that Jews were gassed in the gas chambers at Auschwitz. The Court issued a judgment requiring the IHR to pay Mermelstein $50,000, plus $40,000 for personal suffering, and write a public apology to Mermelstein.

MelMermelsteinMedium.jpg

RussellandIMedium.jpg

No Post Processing
Respect this man.

MelMermelsteinMedium.jpg

RussellandIMedium.jpg
Neat story. i couldn't view the images though. Sorry. Said they were unavailable.

i dont even understand how that happens.

You don't understand how 7 years happens? lol

Apparently Ream used the search feature or was browsing WAY back in the General Gallery forum.
I got a reply today to a welcome to TPF PM I sent Ream in 2013 - the day Ream joined TPF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back