A photo that I wanted to share

sapphirebluejojo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please tell me what you think. I know the shadow on the face I need to fix. Im still trying to figure that out, but other than that do you all see anything I need to fix?
Thanks
Sapphaire :)

may.jpg

OPPs... the bigger picture is in the comment below...Sry!

Last edited:
You're definately improving. Focus is much better, but I agree, saturation is still just a little much. You can make a reflector with some foam board from the local hardware/home improvement store, in a pinch, even a piece of poster board would work. This is a case where your pop up flash might be just enough for some fill flash. Nice progress.

i LIKE that! very cute kid! your right, the shadow needs fixing but i think its a good quality :)

IMO, portraits are entirely about faces.

The hat is blownout and dominates the heavily shaded face. So does the white vignette. As mentioned the image is over saurated globally. Since all posted photos only have an 8-bit depth, any additional editing is really limited.
I recovered the blown hat AMAP, de-saturated somewhat and dodged her face.

39152_1399797828082_1026360024_30928168_958892_n.jpg

The original is excessively saturated...the greens will look bad when printed...the flesh tones are oversaturated...KmH's edit reduces the saturation drastically,and lightens up the shaded face, making the photo shine through...it's a cute pictures of a cute little girl, so being able to see her face makes the connection with her much better.

Most reactions

Back