A portrait i took a short while back

Alexandtheng

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
it wasn't the best from the set, and i've never looked twice at it before today. but i was flipping through some of my old shots and found that i somehow now like this picture a good deal more. anyways...

my gf is on the left and the model for a 'day of the dead' shoot is on the right. this take after the actual serious shots were taken and the girls were just mucking around.

will have to post more from the set soon:)

or you can follow this link to my blog post on the set. Sorry! i'll usually try not to link out of the forum but i'm kind of lazy to paste 30+ photos over:)

Last edited:
How was it working with Michael Graves? ;)

thanks for the tip, never noticed the elbow.

hahaha, i wish:p

I enjoyed the blog. The original photo doesn't do much for me, but the transformations with the make up was great to see. The concept I'm really digging and the make up was executed very well. Just seems if you were to put that much effort you should spend the time to clean up the background as well to get rid of the wrinkles. I think it would add some extra polish. I would have also attempted a more dramatic light setup. Add some harsh shadows to really bring out the theme. Just a thought. Great shoot.

I enjoyed the blog. The original photo doesn't do much for me, but the transformations with the make up was great to see. The concept I'm really digging and the make up was executed very well. Just seems if you were to put that much effort you should spend the time to clean up the background as well to get rid of the wrinkles. I think it would add some extra polish. I would have also attempted a more dramatic light setup. Add some harsh shadows to really bring out the theme. Just a thought. Great shoot.

thanks for the tips! i would agree now with a lot of the input. however this was my very first "studio" shoot (i had just migrated from aquarium photography) so i was(and still am) pretty clueless about portrait editing. nonetheless it's great advice and i'll bear it in mind for future set ups:)

Whoever did the makeup did an amazing job! Sorry, just had to say. Wow.

no problem:) i had serious difficulty finding someone who could do the make up! it was actually the model who put it on herself

Very neat, great shot. I would have crooped a bit the lower part. Or probably not.. If that was just mucking around after your serious shots, I would love to see the serious ones then :)

The original post looks a little underexposed, mainly your gf.
You could use a mask or local adjustment to boost the exposure on just her, To avoid lighting the black background.
Not digging the hair in her face too much either,
and of course the cropped elbow.
I like the last shot you posted, though! With the candles

Most reactions

Back