A pretty weed and a flowering bush

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some flowers growing in my driveway that I've noticed around before. I'm not entirely sure it's a weed, or what, but very small and very pretty. Any idea of what it is?

IMG_6782 by RxForB3, on Flickr

I also have a prickly bush/tree of some sort with some nice flowers.

IMG_6801 by RxForB3, on Flickr

As you can tell, I'm not that great at identifying plants :)

As always, any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated!

That's a very interesting color combination in picture 1. White you nailed the exposure, I just can't get comfortable with your composition. Since you opted to have the flower take up literally 2/3 of the picture, leaving the top 1/3 just background, I would crop even more of it, as it makes for a stronger composition.

Picture 2 is much more pleasing to me, but it also needs a small crop off the top to balance how you positioned the flowers to the bottom edge of the your composition. Makes a big difference in the composition.

Thank you for the suggestion, and I agree, but it brings up a question:

I did crop these some already (though not much), but I tried to stick to the original ratio of 2:3. How much do you all take aspect ratio into consideration when cropping?

Thank you for the suggestion, and I agree, but it brings up a question:

I did crop these some already (though not much), but I tried to stick to the original ratio of 2:3. How much do you all take aspect ratio into consideration when cropping?

Honestly, If I'm not making a print where I have to live within the papers dimensions, I really don't pay very much attention the the fixed aspect ratio, as it means very little, as every ratio fits our screens.

I echo Joel's thoughts, better crops and you have two nice captures. The first one is a Pansy it isn't a weed per say but tend to pop up on lawns or random spots :)

Thanks for the thoughts about cropping. I guess I'm hung up on the thought of being able to print my photos. I got started into photography as a cheap way of decorating my house :) Of course it's not so cheap once you buy the camera...but in any case...

I guess I always thought pansies were bigger. This was really tiny but it fits the descriptions I read of pansies on the internet. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Most reactions

Back