A question about flash for Nikon D7000

steelgrass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[h=1]Good day, :) Which is better flash for Nikon D7000? Are these flashes compatible with my Nikon D7000?

1. Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash
[/h]
2. Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite

The Neewer TT560 is a manual flash unit, has no TTL capabilities, and has little more power (GN 38) than the D7000 pop-up flash, which is why it costs less than $50. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/40862851
Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite For Canon/Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

The Yongnuo YN-560 II has more power (GN 58), and a few more features which is why it costs a bit more. http://www.thephoblographer.com/2012/04/09/review-yongnuo-560-ex-ii-flash-for-canon-and-nikon/

I would get the YN-560 II. Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon. GN58.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the 560 II. Good starting speedlight.

Nikon just announced the new SB-300. On paper, it looks promising, though it's relatively low power in comparison to some units. But it's only going for $150...

Could be something to look into. Personally I tend to stick with mostly Nikon products, as 3rd party are all reverse engineered and may not work properly, depending on the company.

I believe the Newer and the YN are the same product. But the YN has advanced to the II and now III where the Neewer looks like the OG YN 560.

I have the YN560-II and it has been an awesome flash for me!

If you need TTL look to the 468 I believe, $90 for a TTL flash isnt bad and will whoop the SB300 IMO.

The SB-300 seems like a marginal upgrade to the SB-400 if there is one at all. I'd rather put my money on a YN-565/568 TTL flash.

The Neewer (Godox rebranded) is the cheapest decent manual flash around. But the YN-560 series II or III offer better features including an lcd display (a must for some people). The YN-565/568 are TTL flash units but go for around $150. Still IMO the latter would still be better than the SB-300/400 Nikon flashes.

Edit 8/8/13 I forgot to mention that the Neewer also doesn't have a zoom (not even manual). But it is the best speedlight you can purchase for $40.

But for $60, I'd got for the YN. http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-560-Speedlight-Flash-Nikon/dp/B0079M711S/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for your replies everyone :)

Just to chime in and hopefully help out (if you haven't already decided), most people in the Nikon forum will say "NIKON ONLY," but... it is a Nikon Forum. And they do make great flashes.

I went with the Yongnuo. So far it's seriously excellent. I'm slowly learning through trial and error how to work with mine, and I always use it on manual. I've used the TTL a little and am trying to use it as a slave off camera with my camera's flash firing it off. I'm not sure how it works, I'm slowly trying to get it all down just by playing with it. It's a solid flash, and as a beginner, it's definitely more than I need - but so worth the price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back