A Question for D300 Owners

mcdaniel52761

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I noticed that the D300 has the automated sensor cleaning that (supposedly) shakes off the dust particles. My question is would something like the arctic Butterfly be necessary since, in theory anyway, they both remove loose dust? I'm looking at ordering one (a D300) and was questioning about spending $125 or so on a brush....or is there something cheaper that is equal or better? Also, is the E2 cleaning solution recommended? I don't plan on changing lenses in an Iraqui type of environment where there is sand blowing all over so I'm not sure how necessary a wet solution would be. While I'm on the question train, I've been reading posts on here about dead pixels on the D300 and a little nervous about spending $1800 on a camera that might have an issue with it. There have been people saying to wait until the "second wave" of these cameras to come in to see if they fixed it. However, I've also seen where pretty much all makes of DSLR's have pixel issues, so I don't know what can necessairly be corrected. Thanks,

Mike

Unless you have been trained in cleaning i would stay away from actually touching the sensor.

But that's me. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back