A quick shot from last night - C&C

taraj_00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I didn't do much PP, just a little bump in curves and a very slight desaturation....

DSC_0007.jpg

Also a quick B&W of the same image... I know I have a ways to go with processing, but figured I could get some comments on these!

DSC_0007bw.jpg

Thanks!

The only problem I see is that the back ground seems to distract the eye from the boater. Other wise I like it. :thumbup:

^^
yeah, I really like it in color, the black and white seems a little busy for me.

I love the colour one IMO if the background would be out of focus a little it would put more attention in the boater personally I think it's great I love the reflection good job :)

Convertions to black and white work well when you want to draw the viewers eye to lines and shapes, which is not want you should be doing here.

I would of liked a bit closer in on the boater. The lower part of the tree line isn't too bad, its the upper part with all the branches that is distracting IMO

Thanks for the input!

For giggles, I played with some blurring in processing...

DSC_0007blur.jpg

I messed with the colored one a bit and finally went BW, darkened it a little and increased contrast along with little exposure and gamma adjusting. What do you think?

DSC_00071.jpg

Your last one gives the appearance he was minaturized, that shoreline just pops out. I like it but dont know why.

I think I agree that the B&W is awfully busy, but I do like the darker version better than all the brightness is mine.

And, poor mini man :p

i agree w/ the others...

its a nice photo, but the overly green backdrop is distracting...maybe a crop...

the tiltshift looks neat, but i think you have to blur the foreground for tiltshift...could be wrong

I have no idea what tiltshift is... Was just playing since some posters had pointed out that the background might look better out of focus (guess I could have just softened focus there... ah well- still can I suppose!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back