A remote control? Need advice.

Mo.

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright guys, I want to start conceptual/self-portrit pieces and I've found a lot of the people who do them use a remote control.

I own Nikon D3100 and I was wondering what exactly is it for and why would it be useful. I have some general knowledge about it but would I be able to do a self timer or any other things on my camera without the timer?

So advice please and if you're going to recommend a timer could you link me to a decent one I could buy (amazon.co.uk?),

Oh and is there wireless ones?

Cheers

Ta,

Need more replies.

It has only been a few hours since you posted the question, and it is a sunday, give folks time.

You might also look at a Hahnel, but it is camera specific and wireless. I like it very much as it allows me to be in front, between or hundred's of yards away to fire.

If your doing self portraits you might check an IR one, it will be cheaper but you have to be in front of the camera to work and since you will it might be the best to use.
There is also the self timer on your camera.

It has only been a few hours since you posted the question, and it is a sunday, give folks time.

You might also look at a Hahnel, but it is camera specific and wireless. I like it very much as it allows me to be in front, between or hundred's of yards away to fire.

If your doing self portraits you might check an IR one, it will be cheaper but you have to be in front of the camera to work and since you will it might be the best to use.
There is also the self timer on your camera.

Alright thanks, will look into it.

Indeed it is a sunday it's just my topic was getting engulfed :)

I see some wireless remotes for $1.25 free shipping. With a remote you don't need to use the timer. Use the remote to take the photo... Nikon D3100 remote | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use the ML-L3. Bought it for 5 bucks via ebay. I use it all the time. Works up to about 20 ft. No complaints at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back