Status
Not open for further replies.

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

Alright, so while I'm fairly inexperienced (only about ~year of shooting), photojournalism is something that's proving to be what I want to do. I have some experience shooting for a newspaper as well as some form of specialization when it comes to shooting and what I feel I can do best. On top of that is, of course, the usual previous employers + references, education, etc.

Now, I'm not asking you all to help me write my resume specifically; no. What I'm looking for is any kind of help, advice, tips or links you might have about writing a resume specifically for a creative/photographic position. I'm going back to school in the fall, and a couple weeks before I go back (so, the timeframe of around the next week or so), I'm going to call up some of the newspapers and other publications in the city my school is to see if there would be any possibility of work. To me, the notion of a regular, boring, straight-up resume to possible employers will simply bore them. By that, I don't mean I need any kind of flattery or graphics and pictures and stuff - no. But, I'm wondering what kind of differences go into a 'creative' resume as opposed to a 'typical' one?

Thanks

Actually I sent a "plain old boring evryday resume" to several newspapers where I live and got called back by almos everyone of them and I even ended up shooting for 5 of them 2 for several years till my gear limitations at the time caught up with me.

^ possible spammy post reported.

They are both 11 years old so I doubt any action will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back