Forrie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.forrestevans.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey eveyone,

I'm a 38yr old Kiwi (NZer) living in Singapore.

I caught the bug a long time ago but didn't realise it.
Have travelled all over the world, taking thousands of photos in the process. It wasn't until very recently I decided to move away from point-and-shoot and phone cameras to something with a little more grunt.... and now I'm in a whole new world.

I'm here to learn, probably to lurk more than to contribute (except for the photos I take that I'm not embarrassed about!!!!) - I don't know enough to be useful to anyone yet.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. If you want to see what my style is like I've set up a website for my friends and family - Forrest Evans - 1degreenorth Any feedback would be awesome!!!!

Forrie

Welcome to the forum! What camera did you end up getting?

Good camera. This is the place to be if you have any questions with photography..lots of helpful people here.

Keep shooting!

Good camera. This is the place to be if you have any questions with photography..lots of helpful people here.

Keep shooting!

:) thanks for the encouragement. I've been keen to get into photography for years and it's awesome to have such a great place to learn and get great advice. I saw your post on mirrorless. Obviously I have zero experience but I can tell you that the convenience of my A6000 is awesome. I carry it around all day in one hand by the grip (I don't bother with the strap) and hardly notice - even with my 55-210mm lens attached, your comments about weight have me glad that I went mirrorless right off the bat.

Yeah if you travel a lot, then mirrorless is the way to go. I'll probably buy a mirrorless/compact system soon for when I want to travel light..but my DSLR will still be a go-to camera. I need a second camera anyways.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back