A rose among the thorns

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I took this photo with my P&S right after a rain shower on Friday afternoon. This is the first shot I've ever taken of this rose [bush] that turned out - most come blurry because the bush is low to the ground and my knees just can't get there anymore:lol:. I really like this shot, but that's just my opinion. So what do you all think, how'd I do?

P9240015Acropped.jpg

No-no-no, you are not the only one who likes this photo!

I do, too!

And I - who I often am not that much in favour of centred photos - really think that you did well to a) centre the rose and b) centre it even more by going for a square format. It is really fitting.

And aren't they simply beautiful right after the rain with the droplets on the leaves and petals? So fresh! And this rose is such a delicate colour. Beautiful subject.

Now it is said that it is normal for beautiful subjects to make beautiful photos, but as you yourself found out, this need not necessarily be the case and you can also blotch a beautiful subject. But this time you "did it"! :D Congratulations :D!

Thank you Corinna.

I have to admit I am rather proud of this one.:) I almost didn't try for the shot because so many from this bush have failed, but it looked so pretty with all the water drops on it I just couldn't ignore it - glad I went for the shot.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Thanks for bringing that up Corinna, the square image does very well for this photo. The only thing I would do is to bump up the color of the rose itself to make it stand out against the thorns.
Just my opinion though.
Great job capturing the moment!

Thanks everyone for your comments. Glad you liked the photo.

Most reactions

Back