Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We recently enrolled the kids in a new daycare center, I guess it was about two weeks ago. There was a wonderful woman there named Mary who did all the cooking for the school. I remember the first day we did a tour she was talking with Christopher and he mentioned he was going blueberry picking and she wanted to know if he'd be bringing back any for her :) When Evelyn started a few days later I came in to see Mary cooing and playing with her. Not her "job" but obviously she loved the children very much. The boys routinely told me that her cooking was much better than mine ;) Mary even told me she had advised Lucas to enjoy her cooking but not to tell me it was better than mine :lol: She got Chris to try new foods and her love for the children was just so obvious. :love:

This morning she passed away of a sudden heart attack. I am so very thankful that I got to know her, even though it was only for a few brief moments. And her passing made me want to remind everyone to give their loved ones a hug, because for Mary's family there was no chance to say goodbye. :hug:: Sometimes special people come along in our lives and it's just so important that we tell them how much they mean to us. :heart:

this is why we should take every single moment of our lives for granted and be thankful to meet all the kind people in our lives

Awe..you just made me think of my old school cafe ladies. I was always helping them in the mornings to get free lunchs.

*misses cafe ladies*

Sad but inspiring story. :( Thanks for sharing. :hug::

Hope your kids are handling it well. :(

*Ill do it tomorrow*

*We have the rest of our lives...*

Its just so easy to put things off until tomorrow. I still find myself saying the above but not as often. When I do I stop myself. There might not be a tomorrow. I havent lost a loved one but over the last year I have known many people that have. I stop living for tomorrow. Now I live for today. Tomorrow may never come.

Such a sad story but it really puts a different spin on life. Thank you for sharing. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your kids, and this wonderful womans family and friends.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back