Not to sure?
DSC_1127.jpg

Butcher Bird
butcherbird.jpg

Silver eyes and Splendid Fairy Wren
DSC_9361.jpg

Nice shots!

beautiful shots

What a nice set! They're all good, but I just love the first one for the posture and how well those silver eyes show. Looking straight at the camera with that cute little head tilt.

What's the red stuff in the bowl?

I also think #3 is strong, with terrific details. I've never heard of a Butcher Bird, though that beak does look kinda scary. 😳 I wish the tailfeathers were in the frame, but it's still a very good shot.

beautiful shots
Thnaks very much
What a nice set! They're all good, but I just love the first one for the posture and how well those silver eyes show. Looking straight at the camera with that cute little head tilt.

What's the red stuff in the bowl?

I also think #3 is strong, with terrific details. I've never heard of a Butcher Bird, though that beak does look kinda scary. 😳 I wish the tailfeathers were in the frame, but it's still a very good shot.
Thank you. That particular image was captured at the "Berry Farm" down in the Margaret River region here in Western Australia. It's famous for wine, surf and red stuff in a bowl ;) which I think is some sort of berry jam or syrup. The butcher bird is found in Australia only and it related to our magpie. They get their name from their habit of impaling captured prey on a thorn, tree fork, or crevice. Ironically they have the most beautiful singing voices.

Nice shots.

Most reactions

Back