A series from Cancun

niccig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.niccigilland.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a series of pics from my honeymoon in Cancun. What do you think? Especially of the composition. They're all from Chichen Itza, except the last one.

1. Ball Court "Press box"

cancun114.jpg

2. Kukulcan Temple
cancun094.jpg

3. Temple of a Thousand Warriors
cancun088PS.jpg

4. Temple of a Thousand Warriors 2.0
cancun085.jpg

5. Plaza of a Thousand Columns
cancun069.jpg

6. Plaza of a Thousand Columns 2.0
cancun067.jpg

7. A boat at "El Embarcadero"
cancun013.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j272/nicci_g/cancun085.jpg

Ahh, I accidentally hit enter before I was done talking! Anyway, these were done during our guided tour (except the last one). Now I really wish we had skipped the tour and gone by ourselves, so that we could have been there in the early morning or evening, instead of the blazing noon sun. These have been "photochopped" as my husband says - some channel mixing to give it more of a "velvia" look, as well as some levels adjustment. BTW, sorry if they appear oddly sized - they're all about the same size picture (didn't do any cropping that I recall), and I resized them all to 50% with photobucket. Photobucket and I still aren't getting along.

The random FURTHER downsizing of pics that have already been downsized to 600x400 pixels done by Photobucket is why I am more and more back to using my Picturetrail account (for which I pay an annual fee, after all!!!) because it is A NUISANCE. The photos you are presenting here are CLEARLY suffering from now being so very, very tiny. We can hardly appreciate what we see. No details, nothing. And I am sure they are GOOD photos, though you are possibly right: there would have been a better light at another time of the day.
My only nitpit what composition is concerned is the clipped-off corner of the building in the first picture.
Hard to say any more about the others... Too small...

Lets see if this is any better:

cancun114-1.jpg

cancun094-1.jpg

cancun088PS-1.jpg

cancun085-1.jpg

cancun069-1.jpg

cancun067-1.jpg

cancun013-1.jpg

Well, now some of them look huge to me.... but at least you can see them! Or at least I can. I was disappointed at my noob mistake of cutting off the top corner too (my tour group was getting away from me).

Most reactions

Back