A serious lack of originality

It is a fad. People can do a things a lot easier now than they did in the 50's Film took skill. Whe people did things, if the messed up they would have to re-shoot.

It's a fad because it's easier?

Back in the 80s I regularly spent days working on one transparency doing dupes after dupes, adding one effect at a time with each dupe. Yes it took skills but frankly, you can have my skills. And I'll keep my new digital camera and PS to create the weird stuff I like in a matter of hours instead of days.

Plus, unless I am mistaken you shoot digital, so what-the-hey does this mean?

It is a fad. People can do a things a lot easier now than they did in the 50's Film took skill. Whe people did things, if the messed up they would have to re-shoot.

It's a fad because it's easier?

Back in the 80s I regularly spent days working on one transparency doing dupes after dupes, adding one effect at a time with each dupe. Yes it took skills but frankly, you can have my skills. And I'll keep my new digital camera and PS to create the weird stuff I like in a matter of hours instead of days.

Plus, unless I am mistaken you shoot digital, so what-the-hey does this mean?

Seriously, digital photography took off like a wildfire! Everyone, their mother, and their newborn has a digital SLR. Doesn't that make digital photography a fad? Film has come and (for the most part) gone, was that a fad too?

I would like to end this thread and close it. The voices hav3e spoken and though I had good intentions in writing this thread I feel the opinion was taken the wrong way. Thank you to those you chimed in. Please do not respond to this with and more opinions as I would like it closed. Thanks again

CHEERS!!!

Daniel

Since when does being the OP give you the option to say when the discussion is over? This thread hasn't gotten heated or turned into a flame war. I'd hardly see reason to close it.

Basile: Holy schmoly. I thought that those things were still in development. Do they take multiple 8-bit images, or is it built into the sensor? (Like, two sensors with different dynamic ranges on top of each other.)

HDR is a tool to put in the kit. Pull it out when needed. Like a flash. Or a gel. Or a sandwich...mmmm...sandwich...

So let me get this straight. I start a discussion it goes the wrong way and I decided that it would be better left as is and ended before thing heat up and people get offended and I am the one frowned on? I would rather let it go and not create a problem than let it continue.
Jeezy man back off..... I started the conversion so yes, I should have the right to say end it. Flame me... rag on me. I do not care. This is a friendly board and I would like to keep it that way.

:lol:

Let me pull up the Internet rule book here...

<fwoomp>

Ok, lessee... rules on ending threads...

<flip flip flip>

Something about moderators... yeah... ok...

<flip flip>

Looking for references to OPs ending conversations.......?

<flip flip>

Nope. Nada.

Sorry, man.

And frankly... the thread went the way it did for no other reason than you created the thread to begin with. There are plenty of "why HDR?" conversations on this board, but yours amounted to "Anyone who does HDR is just a lemming and has no skills." Really, that can go nowhere good.

If you don't understand why, then there are deeper issues here and you're going to spend a lot of time on the Internet feeling very confused about why everyone is annoyed at you.

And if you don't understand why posting something like this is effectively like letting a slavering mad beast out of a cage, and that you cannot simply stuff it back in the box... well... I guess it goes hand in hand with not knowing why people might be annoyed at you.

I'll send you this book on Internet rules. Maybe it will help.

Ok Um I am not wondering why a few people are annoyed at me. I opened the can and a lot of worms came flying out. I am now wondering why you all are being so rude. I simply stated I wish to close the thread. So let me rephrase what I should have said so I dont have to listen to mindless drones of how I am wrong.
I WAS WRONGok there I have said my peace.
Now for the way I should have wrote it.
Upon reading this thread, I now feel as though my original intension's went on a tangent. Rather than help other understand the importance of originality, I now see that this caused a bit of contention. I think in the end if people choose to waste there time on the current so called FADs or TRENDS; that is their business. The people who become the household names in photography will be those who simply do. There is no magic formula for success but rather one simply needs a good marketing rep. HDR will come and go with it's time and it will leave behind trail of intrigue amazement and sadly; disapointment. My choice now is to end MY posting in this thread as my personal opinion hash been tarnished by me irritation. So now, rather than continue to voice my opinion and irritations, I will leave this thread to those who wish to continue it. As for me......Goodbye.

CHEERS. :)

:lol: "mindless drones"

Yes, much better... thank you. :biglaugh:

Sorry... I know you're trying... it's just too funny not to comment on.

Since when does being the OP give you the option to say when the discussion is over? This thread hasn't gotten heated or turned into a flame war. I'd hardly see reason to close it.

Basile: Holy schmoly. I thought that those things were still in development. Do they take multiple 8-bit images, or is it built into the sensor? (Like, two sensors with different dynamic ranges on top of each other.)

HDR is a tool to put in the kit. Pull it out when needed. Like a flash. Or a gel. Or a sandwich...mmmm...sandwich...

One of them took two images with one shutter opening, the other one (the 12MP one) takes two 6MP images and combines them. The Pentax SLR takes 3 shots and blends them, I'm not sure if it does it like bracketing or all in one shutter opening.

this thread = hilarity.

can't we just shoot what we like, and process it how we like it?

good lord. all my photos SUCK then.
i missed the rule book.
manaheim, i think it's filed next to the internet rule book...can you pass it over?

this thread = hilarity.

can't we just shoot what we like, and process it how we like it?

i missed the rule book.
manaheim, i think it's filed next to the internet rule book...can you pass it over?

No, you're not allowed to shoot what you want, you must shoot what 100% of people viewing will like the most.

i missed the rule book.

Oh yeah, here let me grab that for you...

Man it's kinda dusty...

>FWOOMP!<

There you go!

Read up, there will be a test later. :)

Oh my. Now you're just being silly. :lol:

One of them took two images with one shutter opening, the other one (the 12MP one) takes two 6MP images and combines them. The Pentax SLR takes 3 shots and blends them, I'm not sure if it does it like bracketing or all in one shutter opening.

How nifty is that? Pretty cool stuff that's getting packed into these cameras. It's funny that the other brands (not Nikon or Canon) seem to be leading in a few areas where it can really count. HDR isn't that big a deal, but the fact that my Canon doesn't natively support DNG? Now that I take issue with. (And Pentax has jumped on DNG quite happily. Yeesh.)

Me? Silly? Lies! Bite your tongue, sir!

Man I'm having an odd night. I really should stay off TPF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back