A sign of winter

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not snow, not trees without leaves, but the seats having been removed from the big wheel at Blackpool, Lancashire, the better to withstand the winter storms. A contre jour shot with enigmatic people!

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Blackpool-C-Pier.jpg

I think that, without the people, this shot would've been a lot nicer. It's still real good though, feris wheel is beautiful. =)

"Contre jour" = against the day = against the light???

I like it as it is.
It is a "genuine Boughen", after all.
Lines, light/shadow, shapes, it is all there. I am glad to be back and will check on the photos of yours that I missed all during this past week very soon, Tony.

In my opinion, the two stationary people just looking down make this shot eerily interesting. With the seat removes, it is almost as if the civilization has stopped. Very very nice.

Thanks for the comments Sthvtsh, Corinna (welcome back) & Peanuts. I have to say that it was the distinctive poses of the two figures, combined with the other elements of the composition, that caused me to take this shot. I like your reading of the "feel" of the shot Peanuts. My thoughts on that are in the accompanying blog piece.

Regards, Tony

I love this photo. The blue of the skies with the range of dark to light blue is truely gorgeous. If t were not for the people, i would'e thought this was a HDR photo. Really a good job. Did you use a filter?

Thanks Fotonemer. No filter used, but I did "burn in" (to use the old wet process term) the sky and the pier just a touch to counteract the slight haze that was affecting them.

Regards, Tony

all around a great photo..i disagree with the person who said the people were distracting...i think they add a great element...nice crisp picture, great chilling colours

Thanks Mohain, Kim & Finisher. Of my recent shots this is a favourite for its "oddness" and the colours.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back