a sign that kind of touched me,,,in a sense

Gsurf1029

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So i was walking and saw this ratty sign posted on a light pole.
Once i read it, i had to capture.
Its now framed and hanging above my bed.
i was powerful to me, for some reason.
this was taken on my second day of having my first slr

critiques very welcome
thanks!!

DSC_00970009.jpg

lost a wee bit of quality but the meaning is there
but critiques please
thanks again!

i cant quite make out what is says
is it "Keep America Clean, Safe, Beautiful, Honest"?
i can make out the top not so much the bottom =P

yeah thats what it says
it was kind of a situation to understand the meaning

i was walking around south beach watching rude people yelling, and honking, and littering, and fighting, and just overall having bad attitudes. Then i saw the really hunched over old woman siting next to a lightpost with a ratty box of broken crayons making all sorts of little signs with very meaningful messages. They were all in the same style. (like the one above)

i continued to walk and saw this sign on another light post about a block away. The image of that old woman (probably homeless), making those torn up posters on scrap paper popped into my head. So i stopped to take a picture.

I just thought,

"here is this old homless lady, not begging for money, but making somthing postitive, and with a message, while the general public wont give eachother the time of day."

anyways, this is the pic i came home with.
prob. could have done better but ive been doing this for 3 days soooo o well

--thanks guys so far....
pass the positive

That is great that you captured something that touched you! It touches me as well, I also thought the same thing, an old homeless person trying to make something positive.
Nick

yeah thats what it says
it was kind of a situation to understand the meaning

i was walking around south beach watching rude people yelling, and honking, and littering, and fighting, and just overall having bad attitudes. Then i saw the really hunched over old woman siting next to a lightpost with a ratty box of broken crayons making all sorts of little signs with very meaningful messages. They were all in the same style. (like the one above)

i continued to walk and saw this sign on another light post about a block away. The image of that old woman (probably homeless), making those torn up posters on scrap paper popped into my head. So i stopped to take a picture.

I just thought,

"here is this old homless lady, not begging for money, but making somthing postitive, and with a message, while the general public wont give eachother the time of day."

anyways, this is the pic i came home with.
prob. could have done better but ive been doing this for 3 days soooo o well

--thanks guys so far....
pass the positive

Thats a wonderful, insirational story. :hug:::thumbup:

I think this is something that could be viewed in 100 different ways by 100 different people. It tells a story without being flashy.

i agree with more contrast on the technical aspect but..
Its very nice.

very nice. i was jsut down at south beach. should have kept my eyes open to see this. next time your there head by lincoln road and check out the Peter Lik gallery, some nice stuff there.

Most reactions

Back