A (simple I'm sure) Photoshop question

JIP

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I am trying to do some editing with CS2 and have to do some dodging. The problem I am having is with the brush. Whenever I pick a brush size it does what I want but the the brush that appears is a crosshair and not the actual brush. I am doing some fine dodging and also clone stamp stuff so this is obviously a problem I am sure this is such a basic dumb simple thing to change but I hope some of you PS people can help me.

I had the same problem, but it's not a problem....the cap lock key will toggle between them.

Give it a try.

Thank's so much for the instant replies. It took what?? all of 3 minutes that has to be a record.

I am trying to do some editing with CS2 and have to do some dodging. The problem I am having is with the brush. Whenever I pick a brush size it does what I want but the the brush that appears is a crosshair and not the actual brush. I am doing some fine dodging and also clone stamp stuff so this is obviously a problem I am sure this is such a basic dumb simple thing to change but I hope some of you PS people can help me.

If it's what I think you want, go to EDIT>Preferences>Cursors. Then simply select (depending on your preference) normal or full size brush tip from the pop up menu. Hope that helps.

If it's what I think you want, go to EDIT>Preferences>Cursors. Then simply select (depending on your preference) normal or full size brush tip from the pop up menu. Hope that helps.

The keyboard shortcut to show cross hairs is caps lock, and that's what is going on here, as mentioned.

Most reactions

Back