A Single Giant

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Out of conversation from another thread, here's a 2 shot vertical pano of a Giant Sequoia to give people some idea of scale. You really can't imagine how big these trees are until you're standing in front of one. Even the picture doesn't do them justice...they're massive!!! :)

This kid looked to be about 11-12 years old?

88888647-O.jpg

yeah, those things really are amazing... nice job on the vertical pano... :thumbup:

I think it may be oversharpened or it could be the contrast.

That thing is huge.

amazing! love some of natures wonders

I guess this photo is suffering from compression artefacts, if it really is a vertical pano, the original file must be huge!
Nevertheless: this tree is breathtakingly large! Ever since I've been a child and first saw photos of these trees, I have wanted to travel there and see them with my own eyes. It has never come about so far...

good job with the vertical pano :thumbup: (now thats something iv never done before!).... i love tree's... i think im a bit of a hippie in a tree hugging kind of way :greenpbl:

I just moved out to Cali and i havent seen Sequoia's yet, ive seen the Giant coastal redwoods round San Fran and they are just amazing. not as big at the base, but taller.
I was trying to take a picture of one and with a 28mm lens (on film) and i still could only get half the dang tree in the frame.

Most reactions

Back