A sister's touch

Novajet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eades.ws
I took this of my two girls this morning. Any tips on improving it? I wasn't sure how to crop it. I'll include the original, as well. I was interested in the hands, so I am afraid I didn't leave much of her face to work with. Is that a no-no?

All comments and critiques welcome. :) That's the only way I'll improve.

B&W:

4708_bw.jpg

Original:

4708.jpg

Aww it's very sweet. The BW is much better. Maybe even if you just desaturated the colour a little so its almost BW but theres a hint of colour/pink in the skin.

I would try cropping the diapers some more and see how that looks.

I also see hair. or something. i can't tell if its on them, or your lens.

photong said:
I also see hair. or something. i can't tell if its on them, or your lens.

Yeah, that would be on them. This was taken right after the little one grabbed a handful of her sister's hair.

I personally like that and the BW. I don't think they look sick. But that's my opinion :)

I like it, but I'm wondering whether or not it would be better if it were cropped so the baby's face isn't there. I think having half the face is kind of distracting, especially because the lips stand out. It might be better with the whole face or none of the face.

The b+w version in the desaturated version crop would appeal to me most (i.e. with the nappies/diapers cropped off), and the little baby mouth still in the picture.
The half face IS a factor that can be discussed.
In this example I don't mind the crop because evidently your focus (not only in the technical sense) is on the hands.
However, it this little mouth were completely gone, it'd become much harder to realise the tinyness (there is no such word, is there?) of the little hands. To my mind, the partial face adds something and does not distract.

I prefer the B&W too. I personally find the hot spot on the little one's belly a bit distracting. And contrary to popular demand, I would prefer to see buby's face. But that's just me - I am old, sad and love kids. LOL.

Really like the B&W and the tighter crop. Love the skin tones youhave captured here and tangle of hands works really well. Personally Iwouldn't change anything else.

Well done.

Most reactions

Back