A Slug's Life

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are three more macro shots. The flower is from my first try at this last week and the bugs are from today. C&C welcome. Thanks.

All taken hand held -Flower on sunny day, bugs over cast, no flash either day - Sigma f2.8 105mm macro, ISO 100

DSC02172crop.jpg

DSC02187crop.jpg

DSC02003crop.jpg

bump

Anybody?

I feel a bit queasy. Intentional or not the snail pic evokes such a strong gut reaction you can almost smell the rotting vegetation. My eye is drawn to the white larval termite(?)in the upper left corner. With it being the only colour in that sea of brown it is hard to avoid.

The milipede--- I'd rather see a wider focus. Just that little slice of clear focus makes me want more.

Texture on the flower is great.

I feel a bit queasy. Intentional or not the snail pic evokes such a strong gut reaction you can almost smell the rotting vegetation. My eye is drawn to the white larval termite(?)in the upper left corner. With it being the only colour in that sea of brown it is hard to avoid.

The milipede--- I'd rather see a wider focus. Just that little slice of clear focus makes me want more.

Texture on the flower is great.

Oops, I meant to clone out that termite and forgot. :blushing:

I wasn't really happy with the milipede shot because he is out focus, hence his back end being cut off, but I was so taken aback by his coloring and slight skin texture, I couldn't resist posting it.;) To look at him he appeared brown....who knew!:lol:

Thanks.

I like seeing macro shots of bugs. Some of them look really creepy when you see them up close.

I like seeing macro shots of bugs. Some of them look really creepy when you see them up close.

I was really surprised to discover the bug's "true colors" :lol: . When I flipped the rocks over and found these guys I was actually hoping to find some salamanders, but I guess it's still too early for them to be around.

Carol,

I like the first one for its diversity of life - that includes the smaller creatures like the termite!

The second one works for me for the same reason, the comparatively large millipede next to his tiny companion. Perhaps a little more depth of field? Maybe f5.6 or even f4 like the previous shot instead of wide open?

I'm sorry to say that the third shot just doesn't thrill me because my eyes are searching for a sharper plane of focus. Not to say that this image is blurry, it's just that my eye expects to see more detail in the core of this type of shot.

Best,

Marc

Carol,

I like the first one for its diversity of life - that includes the smaller creatures like the termite!

The second one works for me for the same reason, the comparatively large millipede next to his tiny companion. Perhaps a little more depth of field? Maybe f5.6 or even f4 like the previous shot instead of wide open?

I'm sorry to say that the third shot just doesn't thrill me because my eyes are searching for a sharper plane of focus. Not to say that this image is blurry, it's just that my eye expects to see more detail in the core of this type of shot.

Best,

Marc

Thanks you.

I see your point about the third shot, the detail could be better, so I guess I'll just have to go back and try again.:D The nice part is, all this stuff is right in my own back yard so trying over isn't a problem and practice eventually makes perfect. Right? :lol: Plus, I love using this lens.

Thanks for the input.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back