A smile to the unknown.

Elie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whoa ! For me it would be a perfect shot / portrait. Love the contrast difference between that girl (a beauty) and the window view. I understand your idea, but this two half-faces bother me, they throw the image in imbalance, especially that piece of window frame above left side head. :D

Whoa ! For me it would be a perfect shot / portrait. Love the contrast difference between that girl (a beauty) and the window view. I understand your idea, but this two half-faces bother me, they throw the image in imbalance, especially that piece of window frame above left side head. :D

Thanks Timor. Actually, these two half-faces are here on purpose. They are here so you can understand that I don't know this young girl. I had to put them in the frame to mark the distance between me and my subject, so you can get the story without me telling you that I don't know her. If I only shot her face, you would believe she is a friend of mine, and I want my photographs to make sense.

Cheers,
Elie

Thanks Timor. Actually, these two half-faces are here on purpose. They are here so you can understand that I don't know this young girl. I had to put them in the frame to mark the distance between me and my subject, so you can get the story without me telling you that I don't know her. If I only shot her face, you would believe she is a friend of mine, and I want my photographs to make sense.

Cheers,
Elie
I said I got your idea, I just disagree with it. I still can see only the girl and the background. The side faces are only interference in the corners of my eyes, especially, that boy's face doesn't have any physical connection with the rest of the picture. I don't care, if you know her or not, this faces don't tell me that, but empty table top between her and camera would give the sense of a distance not only in meters but also emotional. IMHO :D.
Take a look at your idol works, how easily he is creating a singularity of a subject.

I said I got your idea, I just disagree with it. I still can see only the girl and the background. The side faces are only interference in the corners of my eyes, especially, that boy's face doesn't have any physical connection with the rest of the picture.
To me, they help frame the subject pretty effectively.

Thanks Josh!

I like it this way too...

You have some really nice photographs on Flickr.... Planning to stay here on TPF?

I like it this way too...

You have some really nice photographs on Flickr.... Planning to stay here on TPF?

Thanks Mmaria! Yeah, I will definitely post a picture every once in a while here. ;)

I love the photograph, but I love your narration even more so! Looking forward to more of your pics Elie..

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back