flaming, harassment, being argumentative, causing trouble etc Is a standard in just about every forum that you use. Thats is mainly in there as default and I just added to apply to photography. I see what you are saying and I will look over some, but you can't make everyone happy all the time. The site is in the infant stages so changes will happen. Thanks for all of your input and please give me more ideas.
*Edit* How dose this sound? How DOES this sound?
Just wanted to say welcome to The Alpha Zone forums. Please remember this rules.
1. Commercial advertising - Commercial website advertising is not allowed, if you wish to advertise on the site contact us. It is ok to post commercial links if refers to items that are on sales from photography websites in the correct forum.
2. SPAM- Don't do it. I hate it and so do our users. You will get 3 warning the BANNED
3. Images of children - We absolutely do not allow any nude / semi-nude / voyeuristic pictures of children or links to such galleries. Anyone posting such images or links to galleries with such images will be immediately banned and may be reported to the authorities.
4. Nude/Voyeuristic pictures- Please DO NOT POST these in messages or links. We understand that the human body can in some ways have a beautiful shape in photography, but due to the range of age and users that we have. We ask that you do not post these types of messages, pictures and or links. We WILL DELETE these when we see them. Thank you for understanding.
5. Be civil - anyone being abusive, harassing/calling names or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated.
6. Off Topic - Please keep all photography related off-topic messages to the correct forum. Off Topic messages may be moved to General Forum.
7. For Sale- We will allow for sale items that relate to photography ONLY. Please post these in the right section. Also you will not hold The Alpha Zone, owner/owners of the forum/website and or admins/moderators liable for any wrong doings that may result in a deal gone bad or you not getting what you thought you were getting. Talk it out all the way with the person before sending money to them.
8. Bashing - Deliberately and repeatedly bashing the same brand, product or company is not good. If you have a complaint or comment to make then make it and make sure you have facts to support it.
9. Posting pictures - This is allowed. Hey this is a photography forum. BUT we do ask that you link pictures to off site hosting like flickr, imageshack ect.. Also please keep pictures to a reasonable size, large picture size posts can put a strain on server resources.
10. Software piracy - We do not allow the posting of serial numbers, cracks, warez links or anything related to the piracy of software. You post these you WILL BE BANNED.
11. Legal ownership - Each message posted is owned by and the opinion of the original poster. Neither thealphazone.com nor its owners or webmaster are legally responsible for anything posted on these forums. The webmaster reserves the right to remove any or all of your messages at any time and ban you if he sees fit.
12. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies. Happy Posting.