A squirrel in my backyard!

Chairman7w

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Happend to see a squirrel in the backyard today, quickly slipped on the zoom lens and took some shots. This was the best one.
Shot with Canon EOS Rebel XS, 75-200mm lens. AP, F5.6, manual focus.
C&C welcomed!

3227138667_2b95637e9b.jpg

Well done for "a quick shot" ... any similar attempts with similarly cute little furry animals in our garden on my side NEVER came out as close and as sharp as this one!

Thanks LaFoto, he was surprisingly obliging. I took 10-12 shots of him (her?), getting a step or two closer each time, right up to about 15ft, before he scampered off.

Did a Unsharp Mask, Channel Mixer (monochrome) and added a "Warm" filter in photoshop.

You lucky one. Our European Red Squirrels aren't only smaller, but also A LOT more skittish in behaviour (I think) than the Grey Squirrels, so any attempt to even just OPEN THE DOOR would lead to their flight, so each and every photo I've ever tried to take of one in our trees was through the windows of my living room. No advancing to up to 15 ft out there... whoa. Not possible...

I really like it. Very sharp and close up!

I actually shot a squirrel through my kitchen window a few days after Christmas... I know that's a no-no but if I'd opened the door he would have ran off.

Nice work.

Keep it up.

Like the PP on it.
Craig.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back