A sunset photo

The Hassie looks so contemplative :)

Highlights are a bit hot, but I like the delicate colors, and the peaceful mood and composition.

yeah. its blown out. But oddly enough it really isn't taking from the shot as the subject is the camera. Its kind of a error that almost gives a added effect. Im going to have to think on that one. Is it something that would bother you on a wall if you had to look at it being blown out? Or does it give the photo more character?

normally I would say blown out is bad, but in this case with the subject being the camera im not so sure that is very easy to say. The camera also appear directly pointed out at the blown out area, so it almost makes a visual line adding to the cameras presence.

I was debating on killing that. Played around with it. Not entirely finished yet, I think, but we'll see. I'm gonna give it a go right now.

tried. couldn't do much with it. I don't have much for pp software I don't really get into pp. I actually like it how you have it though in a odd way. The blow out adds a weird character.

Thanks for allowing others to edit your photos it is fun to mess with other people stuff I was always wondering the fascination.

Last edited:
A sunset photo 2 by longm1985, on Flickr

That's my next attempt with it. I dunno, I was trying to make it obvious what the Hasselblad's set up to do.

That's definitely... different... :lol: A bit oversaturated for my taste, but interesting to see what it looks like that way.

Edit: argh.... I see the blowout is a bit gray. I'm gonna stick with the original. This was just kinda goofing around anyway, not meant to be a serious photo, so it's allowed to be imperfect. :lmao:

a. the version I did was very entertaining thankyou. First time ever for me. And how it looks isn't my problem your names on it not mine. :lol:

b. I really like this photo in a way I like the line between the blown out area and the camera. only thing I think that irks me though my eyes go back and forth on the line between the two and the blown out area was too big and obvious for the camera on the other side of the line to compensate. I tried to make the camera more pronounced in my version and the blown out area smaller so it balance better. you appeared to do the same thing. There just doesn't seem to be a way to make that blown out area less significant nicely. Least I cant do it with what I have for a program. Perhaps if you just put more light or attention on the camera it will balance better?
And yes, I like your photo and I like your second version better the blown out is smaller but yeah the grey is a issue, still not quite right though the camera seems like it needs to be more pronounced to balance. But what the hell do I know right??.

cool idea, not bad photo. could be better it just went a little to far. two cents not worth that...

I like it because the sun setting and the camera are the two things that draw attention. The sun being blown out is a bit of a tragedy, since it draws the eye so hard, but I like that it makes the direction of the camera make sense. Otherwise, yeah, it was just fun. I'm more interested in the other photo from this mission. I'll take another one of these another day. Besides-I got a roll of Velvia just for sunsets. ;)

I like it because the sun setting and the camera are the two things that draw attention. The sun being blown out is a bit of a tragedy, since it draws the eye so hard, but I like that it makes the direction of the camera make sense. Otherwise, yeah, it was just fun. I'm more interested in the other photo from this mission. I'll take another one of these another day. Besides-I got a roll of Velvia just for sunsets. ;)

have you seen the sheep?

The sheep? Obviously that's a no... Which sheep?

Most reactions

Back