PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From my recent holiday to Devon, UK.

A long exposure of the surf on the rocks at sunset as a thunderstorm moved in from the sea.

Surf-Sunset.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very nice shot aint been to cornwall for two years or so :(

What an awesome image! You can see the rain off in the distance, and I love the ominous clouds, and the colour of the water in the foreground. Very cool.

This is really wonderful, Chris, I like it a lot. So soft and peaceful, though we can see that the peacefulness of the evening is going to end soon with this storm approaching. The water has a lovely colour. How long was your exposure for this one? (You went to Devon for a holiday after the meet-up? Had you mentioned you would go? I don't remember? Did you meet Archangel? He is there!)

Very good!! The colours are just fantastic

Thanks for the replies and comments guys! :thumbup:

The exposure was 20 seconds (and another 20 seconds for the noise reduction!) at f22 and ND filters. I sat the camera on my gadget bag and huddled over it to shield it from the wind. :lol:

What you can't see in this shot are the 3 surfers still out there as it went dark! :shock:

Yes Anty, in the distance there were 2 plumes of rain falling in the sea. I'm really impressed you noticed that since it isn't as apparent in the photo as it was when I was taking the shot!

neat shot PS... i'm loving all these bank/coastline time exposures... just fantastic. The color of the water in the foreground is amazing, it almost looks luminous, like it's glowing... :thumbup:

PlasticSpanner said:
Yes Anty, in the distance there were 2 plumes of rain falling in the sea. I'm really impressed you noticed that since it isn't as apparent in the photo as it was when I was taking the shot!
I love that look of the rain far off over the water, and often see it, so tend to notice it. It's really a very cool shot. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back