voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Film is still my first love. Nothing like holding a shot taken on Velvia ;)

This is from our moonlit excursion on 7.31-8.01
It is very low key so if you have a dark monitor you might not see much detail. With my cheap flatbed scanner anything in shadow is very noisy, so I ran this through neat image twice. I like the feel of it so I'm thinking of getting a drum scan done which would show much more detail and no noise. That is that green haze you see on the corners.

Yashicamat 124G
Fuji RVP ISO50
f4.0, 16 min

yashicamoonlitdesert1.jpg

Nice! Seems you have a lot of great pics from your excursion. :D

I keep hearing about Neat Image. Is that a filter found in PS or a separate program?

I've got a dark monitor so I can't see much. Bet it would look lovley in person

Yeah, what's up with the vignette? This wasn't the one with that second set of powerlines I never saw was it?

Need to see it on my monitor at home but I love the blue........

malachite said:
Yeah, what's up with the vignette? This wasn't the one with that second set of powerlines I never saw was it?

Need to see it on my monitor at home but I love the blue........
Vignette is caused by the extreme underexposure... you should see the slide. If I hold it up to a bright light I can see decent detail but there's no way my cheapo scanner is going to see it. Unless it needs.... more power!

I think we should go back to this spot with lawn chairs next time and spend the whole night there... I think I'm going to leave the digital at home and bring a few tripods, both yashica's and the minolta. And get faster film.. that ISO50 was too slow.

I didn't see any powerlines.. this was the area past the gate.

That shot looks great on my moniter so I can only imagine what the original looks like!

I've have this exact same composition but I was further to the left a bit. It was the exposure where someone walked in front of the camera :wink: Being more to the left I got a powerline creeping through the upper left of the pic I never saw in the viewfinder. This is actually one of the only shots I have on that roll where I didn't get the feet and meters mixed up on the focus knob and it's in perfect focus. I'l bring it over so you can convince yourself to buy Velvia 100 next time :p

I think we should go back to this spot with lawn chairs next time and spend the whole night there
One weekend soon I'll be heading out during the day to find all that stuff I know is still there and map em' via mile markers. I'll be sticking with the 35mm for awhile as the depth of field is easier to work with and I'll be doing more flash work. But feel free to leave that digital at home next time. I have one exposure in particular of a saguaro that's completely painted with light on the left side from someone's focusing light from hell from a certain digital camera :wink:

Most reactions

Back