A theme "DOORS"

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me start off by explaining this theme. We just remolded our home and painted our interior walls , Pumpkin, Yellow Squash and Peanut Butter. Different walls have the various colors. Trying to go for a spanish theme.

Our older paintings and pictures just did not match our color choices. I knew of a neighbor hood that was in the historical part of the city and the houses are all painted Bright colors with very interesting door choices. I have always found doors to be interesting so I set off to do a theme.

Hope you like

"DOORS" in HDR

the yellow house by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

the purple house by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

wooden doors by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

wooden window by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

pink door two by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

pink door by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

red brick house by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

purple pillars yellow house by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

I am going to choose a few of these and do some enlarged canvas wraps and hang them in my Living room.

the last one looks like a door in santa fe.

I find them a bit too colorful. Need to find some sunglasses ;)

hahahahahaha :lol:

yeah the doors were already and buildings were already bright colors and I added more saturation to them to bring it out even more. I know when they print it will not be as bright (lesson learned). I wanted them to be bright colors so they will have strong contrast on the interior walls. Maybe I will put some sunglasses at each picture so when we have company....hahahaha:lmao:

glad you have a sense of humor, i was worried you might think i was rude and mean *(which I have been called in the past)

A bit over cooked for my tastes. Great theme though.

If you were going for the "painterly" look, then you certainly succeeded. I do like how much the colors "pop", but personally I would have used the highlight smoothing (assuming you used software with that feature included) a bit more to clean up each shot a little bit. I can be the first to tell you that I love the effect multiple exposures and tone mapping can have on a composition, but I think that you would have benefited in waiting until the light was a bit less harsh in most of these (just some food for thought). I'm also not sure how much I like that #3 and #8 are shot at a slight angle, just my own opinion. On a different note, #2 would look awesome in B&W with a little dramatic lighting creeping from inside the home (again just food for thought). Overall in my opinion, good theme, nice subjects, good color, and good work.

-Pat

Yes I was going for that painterly feel you hit on the nail. At least I know I was on the right track. I think I will use 1,2,6 and 8 for our home. i have had a few people ask to purchase some of these prints. In Tucson AZ many of the older folks appreciate the historical homes and crazy colors. These homes are in a historical part of our city and I guess its a love hate thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back