A thought - why 1.6 Crop sensors wont survive

I just sold a Canon 20D and bought a 5D. Before the 20D i had a Digital Rebel. So i've had a DSLR with a 1.6crop factor since about February 2004.
About a month ago i bought a Canon 5D with a full frame sensor.
While i haven't taken any earth shattering images (yet) i can say with complete confidence that the 5D image quality is far superior to the 20D. Whether that's down to the extra resolution or full frame sensor, i'm not sure.

Either way the quality of the images i've taken so far is excellent and i've used the same lenses on both the 20D and 5D - L quality glass. Largest print i've had from 20D is 30inches by 20inches. I'm looking forward to getting a simalr sized print from the 5D because I know it'll be better.

I suppose I'm trying to say that I've no complaints and am perfectly happy to have upgraded to a full frame sensor and if anyone asked me if they should then i'd say yes without hesitation.

Soocom1 said:
fmw......On the Blad, if your single, I'de say go for it.
If your married...... your dead!

No problem. I kept looking. Mamiya has one with the same size sensor but only 16 mp. 1/2 the price. About as much as a late model used car. A true bargain and I'd rather have one than a late model used car anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back