A Tiger's Viewpoint

Aniket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SHot in the Taman Safari, Surabaya, Indonesia, this tiger was perching low after his meal, waiting to nod off !

5821554538_8e82d320a1_z.jpg
[/url]
Only the rumble was missing ! by Aniket !, on Flickr [/img]

Welcome to the forum - for now I'm moving this thread out of Beyond the Basics and into the Wildilfe gallery, since the Beyond the Basics subsection isn't for photo posting/crits etc..

As to the photo I like it, nice calm pose and a great contrast of the greens and oranges. I would however suggest cropping some of the bottom off the photo just to lose some of that large white line that has blurred the lower part and somewhat distracts from the main subject. You won't be able to lose it all, but can get rid of a lot of it that way; some clone/heal tool work might well even let you get ride of the remainder in the right hand corner (try not to crop too close to the dangling paw).

I'd also say that there are some hotspots with the whites on the tigers face, might simply be you clipped those whites very slightly with the exposure; if you shot in RAW you might be able to process the RAW again and claw back the detail (or at least lower the brightness) of those spots if you slide the "Exposure" slider down to the left and then impose that second processing of the RAW over the first and use the layer masking tools to inset the dimmer whites (with or without detail) into the main photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back